sari as illustrator
I am a Finnish illustrator, currently living in Finland.
Picture books, schoolbooks, cards are my main illustration items. I also do editorial illustration on various topics.
Some years ago I launched an illustrated children’s clothing collection: Hooop!
I love books! And children’s reading skills -as well as art education -are close to my heart. I have been lucky and have had a chance to design several children’s literature exhibitions and happenings.
I also teach graphic design students in Lahti Polytechnic School and Aalto University, Helsinki. Occasionally I give workshops for children and teens .
In illustration I use several different techniques: acrylics, inks, gouache and collage.
I am interested in different cultures, and have lived in USA, Hong Kong, Istanbul and Rome. There is a lot to see in the world still.
At home I share my life with my husband, daughter, cat and dog.
You can contact me:
• Wsoy, publisher, Finland
• Lasten keskus, publisher, Finland
• Posti, Finland
• SanomaPro, Finland
• Putinki Oy, Finland
• Helsingin sanomat, Finland
• Otava publisher
• Espoo city
• 1st Prize Finland
Post Stamp Competition, 2015
• IBBY Honor List, 2008, Finland
• Finland's Arts Council, 1 Year Artist Grant, 2014
• 3 x 3 Magazine, Honor Mention, 2008
• L niin kuin Leopardi, 2015
• Lentävät syntymäpäivät minareettimaassa, 2012
• Mia Tiu ja sata sanaa, 2006
• Iltalehti, newspaper, 21st November, 2015
•Etelä-Saimaa newspaper interview 20.12.2015
• Aamu tv, YLE, 18.10.2014
• Aamu tv, YLE, 28.11.2012
• Iltasanomat, newspaper, 8.11.2014